Issues with pixilation or intermittent video outages can occur when antenna reception isn't strong enough. For already marginal signals, interference such as weather or obstructions can contribute to signal degradation. Try the steps below to resolve this issue:
- Make sure you should be receiving the channel. Visit antennaweb.org to verify which channels are available in your area, as well as the antenna type needed to receive them
- Run a channel scan on your TV to locate available channels. On most TVs, this option will be in the Settings menu, or somewhere similar. Check your TV's instruction manual for details.
- If you're using an OTA antenna connected to your AirTV Player, click here for details on how to scan for channels
- If your antenna has recently been moved, connected to a different TV, or had a channel scan run during bad weather, it could cause you to be missing some content
- If possible, try re-positioning your OTA antenna. If you're using an indoor antenna model, try placing it on or near a window for optimal resolution. You can also use the FCC's DTV reception map available here to properly position your antenna
- Once you've repositioned your antenna, try the previous step again