Channels may not be showing in your guide for a number of reasons. Let's see if we can figure out what is preventing them from showing up.
Step 1: Try testing your network connection to make sure it is fast enough to stream Sling TV
- First check to make sure your WiFi connection is strong, or confirm your ethernet cable is properly plugged in.
- If you are connected properly, it is possible your Sling TV application is not receiving the necessary connection speed to view video. Let's check your current streaming speed and make sure you do not have a bandwidth limit set.
- Start by swiping up to the top ribbon onscreen and then swiping right to Settings.
- Next, swipe down to Connections. Here you can see the speed you are currently streaming.
- Swipe right to change your streaming quality. Make sure your streaming speed is equal to or greater than the recommendations linked here.
- If it is not, check to make sure your bandwidth usage is set to Best Quality - No Limit
Step 2: Check to make sure that the channel you are looking for is included in your subscription.
With some of the recent changes to our channel offerings, including the addition of our multi-stream service, the available channels can get confusing. Please visit our services page, then click on your base service to see if the channel you are looking for is included.
If you are not sure which service you subscribe to, sign into your Sling TV account via www.sling.com and click CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION . You can also locate your subscription information within the app on your device. To do so, click SETTINGS, then open Account.
Step 3: Are you trying to watch a local or regional channel?
Live and video on demand content for Local and Regional channels are only available in certain regions. Click on the channel name below to find out which regions offer these channels. FOX, Broadcast Extra, Regional Sports Network.
Step 4: Try fully closing, or force quitting your Sling TV app, and then relaunching to see if this resolves the issue.
- Double click the Home button
- Swipe right or left so Sling TV is in focus
- Swipe up to force quit the Sling TV app
- Try Sling TV again
Step 5: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Sling TV application on your device.
- From the home screen, highlight the Sling TV app.
- Press and hold in the center of the touchpad until the Sling TV icon starts to shake.
- Press the play/pause button to uninstall and confirm when prompted.
- Once you have removed the application from your device, launch the App store on your Apple TV
- Scroll right to launch Search and type in Sling TV, or use Siri voice command to locate Sling TV
- Click on the Sling TV application
- Select the cloud icon located above install
- Once the installation process is complete, click Open where install was previously located
If you are still having issues, please create a case with us to allow our support team to further assist. To do so, click here.